Safety Information for the 45th TX Roe V Wade Celebration rally:
Security will be provided
by the Texas State Capitol and Texas DPS
- If you see a problem brewing, overhear something that concerns you, need help, or even if you simply feel unsafe find a Rally Organizer or Volunteer immediately and the situation will be handled in an appropriate manner.
- If it's a 911 level emergency go straight to Capitol Security, and then inform Rally Organizers as soon as you can.
- Rally Organizers and key personnel will have identification laminants.
- Rally Volunteers and Community Information Personnel will have wristbands.
- This is a family friendly nonviolent event.
- Anyone behaving violently or advocating violence will be removed.
- If you go inside the capitol you will be subject to having your bag\purse\backpack searched via x-ray. (This is Standard Capitol Security Procedure)
- It's strongly recommended that you ask for press credentials before giving any interviews, and use caution in how you share your personal information with anyone not seated at and affiliated with an organization approved to table at the event.
Is there a Women’s March this Year?
- Yes! TRRR has officially partnered with March on Texas and Melissa Fiero (lead organizer of last year's Austin Women's March) to bring you the Texas Handmaid’s Procession and 2018 Austin Women’s March and Rally Day Austin on January 20th, 2018. (See our event guide for full details!)
- The TRRR\Texas Handmaids\March on Austin co-ordinated march described here is the ONLY permitted march on Jan 20, 2018 that APD and DPS are aware of
- The 45th TX Roe V Wade Rally is an annual event in it’s 4th year. We decided to join forces with the Texas Handmaids and March on Texas to bring you this unique day of activism when the original organizers of last years march decided they were unable to do the Austin Women’s March again this year.
- Going forward, TRRR plans to make the Austin Women’s March an annual event in conjunction with their Roe V Wade Rallies. Like the TRRR Facebook Page or sign up for our mailing list to get updates about future events!
Do these events have permits?
- Yes, the Impeachment Rally, the Texas Handmaids Procession\Austin Women’s March, and 45th TX Roe V Wade Rally are fully permitted and cleared with APD, DPS, the State Preservation Board, and the City of Austin.
- The Women’s March and Rally Day Austin is the umbrella event that combines these three permitted events.
What is the schedule for the March?
- Please see our event guide here for full details and a schedule.
What items are not allowed?
- No weapons of any sort are permitted (with the exception of law enforcement personnel).
- Handles on signs and banners are not permitted, as they can turn into a weapon (plain cloth or cardboard signs are fine).
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed.
- Please do not bring anything that you can't afford to lose.
What can I bring into the event?
- We highly encourage rally goers to bring a reusable water bottle to fill at the many water fountains inside the Capitol building.
- Please bring food or snacks if you need them (for example Diabetics and parents with small children), but please make sure any trash gets to a trash can.
- We encourage you to bring your own chair if you would like a place to sit so you can relax and concentrate on the program, which is approximately 3 hours long. Sheets and blankets to sit on the grass are also fine.
- Signs and banners without sticks or handles are encouraged. No signs can be affixed to capitol property including railings, benches, or trees so be prepared to hold your sign or lay it on the ground.
- Calm friendly dogs are allowed as long as owners will clean up after them. See FAQ Page for details.